Toshiba A45-S121

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombie

hey guy hope u can get me some help with this one. Ok

I have this toshiba A45-s121 laptop and it was working find then turn off and the next two day I start it up and it stay at the boot screen it will not go pass the boot screen. I have check the hard drive it is fine, I have change memory and the same thing, I have take off the key board to see if a key is stuck but nothing. It just say at the boot screen and will not go from there. I leave it and it take a long time to check the hard drive and after that nothing happen it stuck there. I leave it on all night and nothing same place I left it.

So can idea what I can do for this one

Thanks

Does it boot in Safe Mode (cold boot then press <F8> key repeatedly until it boots in a slow low resolution screen.)
What method did you use to check the hard drive, because that is the most obvious choice with the Toshiba Satellite A45 series.>
Unfortunately, it has a Toshiba hard drive and they do not have a drive fitness test, but you can use the one at the Seagate or Hitachi or Western Digital site. Look for the results for the red S.M.A.R.T. test
Can you access the CPU fan, or otherwise check the cooling fans?

Can you obtain another drive to test.
Do you have the recovery install set of discs?

no it is not that it is when the computer is booting up in the dos windows. It's the logo screen that Toshiba have that check for the hard drive and memory and cd rom drive. It will not move from there at all and I am not able to get in to the dos or cmos to reconfigure it or to flash it. It will just remain there like it freeze there or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back