TechSpot

Toshiba announces Excite X10 tablet, arriving mid-Q1 2012

By Jos
Jan 8, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Remember that sleek AT200 tablet Toshiba announced at last year's IFA conference in Berlin but never actually made it to market? Well, the company is kicking off its CES announcements…

Read the whole story

2. Easy to what is happening and the same as with smartphones. The makers didn't just try to get up to iPad specs, they surpassed them and this year buyers will start choosing Android, exactly like they did for phones. History always repeats itself, in tech as well.

3. I'm sick of these "premium offerings" when their first tablet was already premium to begin with. 1280x800? That's not premium.

It's all a lazy excuse not to cut prices after a product has been on the market for almost an entire year. Crippled OS, crippled port choices, non-swappable battery, absent keyboard -- costs the same as a laptop.

All it does is reinforce the notion that a tablet is something I really don't need. Rather, something they're simply trying really hard to sell.

Call me when you're through fleecing consumers.

4. inventix1136

inventix1136 TS Rookie Posts: 85   +14

Hate saying it, but at $30 MORE than an iPad2 without any real distinction from a $300 Acer Iconia A500, can you say failure? Especially given that you can buy an Asus Transformer PRIME QUAD CORE w. 32 GB for $499, whereas this 16GB dual core is $30 MORE? Are tech executives really THIS stupid???

5. drfan

drfan TS Rookie

I only say for me but I would pick this tablet over Transformer Prime cos I think dual core is fast enough for anything now. And this is the best looking tablet so far IMO. After all, tablet is as much about style as function.

6. Say what you will about Apple (I personally boycott them), but if they didn't constantly up the bar (quality) on their products like iPad, we would still be playing with legos. It's been almost 20 years and we still can't seem to get a good display. All to say, Apple will be releasing the new iPad3 with WAY better resolution.

and in regards to this Toshiba Excite X10 tablet - a poor attempt at catchup.

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,920   +687

Yes,

Also to add, I work at a tech repair company and both Directors don't even know how to turn a pc on. Well that might be a slight exaggeration but you get my drift, they really know nothing about IT.

8. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 595   +52

Pass. The Asus Transformer Prime is far ahead of this and any other tablet current or announced. It's a bummer because I was hoping to see some undercutting of the Prime so that Asus would be forced to drop its price to around $400.