Toshiba Equium Laptop Not Coming On, Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I hope someone can help with this. I have a Toshiba Equium L40-156 laptop that had been working fine as recently as this morning, stopped for breakfast and the laptop will not come on. There are no lights, screen totally black, no sounds of motor running or anything.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm not too computer savvy so simple instructions would also be most appreciated.

Thanks!
FU

Check your power cords, power strip, and the connector at the laptop. Reset the power strip, wiggle the cords, etc. Make sure the wall plug has power. Sniff around the laptop, see if you smell that burnt electrical odor - that might indicate a burnt motherboard or power supply. Overheating is a possibility, let it cool off for a while, and make sure there are no blocked vents. If none of that works, you are probably out of luck, it would be expensive to repair if the power supply on the laptop is bad. The hard drive and memory can be removed pretty easily on most laptops, so you could get your data back. There are adapters that will make a laptop drive fit in a desktop, and you can get external usb cases to fit the 2.5" hard drive.

Thanks, swwelsh!

I tried all the different things: no burnt smells coming out, just letting it cool down now. I'm hoping against hope that it hasn't given up the ghost or the power supply on the laptop is bad.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back