Toshiba external hard disk problem?

I have used a Western Digital HD on the same computer and had no probs. Just plugged and it started working. But i have no idea why this doesn't work. I have tried it on different comp and OS's, but still didn't work.

The best way to test the drive is to remove it from its case and connect it to the internal wiring of a desktop PC and see if it operates OK. Often the problem is simply the power supply or a failure in the circuitry in the external box.

May be that you need an external ps for it?
A Few drives are able to function on the power supplied by a single usb port,
Others require a "Y" cable and thus use two ports in order to get adequate power.
Still others require their own "wall-wart" power supply.

If it is not a power isssue, then I would consider trying a different usb cable,
and see if you still have trouble.

THEN, I would consider migrating the drive, either to another enclosure, or to "internal" setting.

Hi! I did not get what your problem is exactly. Can you please clarify it more?
I have Toshiba laptop. So I think I'll be able to help you out once I get to know your problem.

Marquisen, I doubt that this OP still has a problem, they never replied to the suggestions and this dates back to March.

If you want to help people look under the "Quick Links" tab at the top of the page and click on "Unanswered Posts" the most recent ones are toward the top of the page.

Back