Toshiba HDD circuit board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevone07

Hi,
I have been having problems with my hdd's circuit board on my dell d610. I aint sure what happen, I think it was just my bad luck. Anyways I was wondering if its possible of saving the HDD by switching the board with one of the same model boughten brand new off the internet? Also, I forgot to mention that I put a master password (Bios password also applied but thats not a problem since I am able to enter my password) on the hdd so no could get into it without my consent (just in case it got stolen). I am just wondering if that will screw anything up with the new circuit board? The name and model # of the hdd is Toshiba MK4026GAX . I hope someone can give me some advice on this topic because I don't want to wast my money which ever way I go, buy a new hdd or just a circuit board. Please respond and thanks in advance :)

Come on people, just don't let me hang. I need something, thoughts, ideas, and/or anything else. I just don't want to leave with nothing...

I was told by the owner of a local PC store that this is possible. Just make sure you get the exact same HDD. But how do you know that the problem is the circuit board? Is there visible damage to it?

FWIW, I have heard of people successfully switching hard drive PCBs before, provided that the circuit board is the actual problem.

I was told by the owner of a local PC store that this is possible. Just make sure you get the exact same HDD. But how do you know that the problem is the circuit board? Is there visible damage to it?

I did a little better inspecting of the circuit board of the hdd and I seen a little black spot and a tiny chip missing but I am definitely sure that its the hdd. But thanks for responding and looking into it. I appreciate it that you responded back ;) .

FWIW, I have heard of people successfully switching hard drive PCBs before, provided that the circuit board is the actual problem.

Ok, I am thinking about switching the circuit board cz of urs and Technochicken comments. Its going to cost about $19 on ebay which is worth the cost instead of buying the whole hdd. Thanks again and have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back