Toshiba keyboard not working everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S4777 laptop. The keyboard is not working correctly. It is not registering every letter I type. It's almost as if I'm not actually pushing all the keys down everytime, but I am. I will have to stop mid-word and push the letter (or space) that I am trying to type a couple of times and it will finally register. I went to "Control Panel... Keyboard" but nothing in there seems to fix my situation. It makes it extremely difficult to type e-mails, Word documents, ANYTHING! It slows down the process because I am constantly having to backspace and fix whatever didn't register. I don't know what to do and any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

There are no specific keys that won't work. It's rather random. I will be typing and keys that I hit just won't register. I hear and feel them click... I know they are being hit, they just won't show up (including space bar too).

I really don't know anything about taking apart a laptop to get the keyboard out... I will have to see if a friend does.

Also... it's just random when it does it... for example, I haven't had one problem right now typing this reply, but earlier today, when I started the original thread it was so bad that I literally couldn't get two words typed without having to hit "backspace" and retype them.

You might want to try using the keyboard in another environment to ensure that it's not something software related in Windows/malware etc. (Like a LiveCD or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back