Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain

ladycetra

I have been experiencing this problem for quite a while now. Whenever I plug in my laptop while it's in use, the power and battery LED lights would suddenly turn red and start blinking. Whenever that happens my battery will say it's "Plugged in, charging..." though the battery percentage continues to go down and my laptop would eventually warn me about having my power being to low and is need of charging... I have to remove the ac plug then put it back again for it to stop, though it will come back again and I would repeat the process until it's fully charged.

The battery still works and charges, it does not even drain that fast, except when I'm doing some heavy work that is in need to consume more power...

Also, I have already tried using it without the battery attached and it still works. Though recently, it blacked out when I was playing C9. I've been playing on it for 4 hours at most.

I thought that the reason this happens is because the laptop stops receiving any electricity/power, but I don't know which is at fault.

Can you please give me any idea of what may be wrong? It's really starting to annoy me...

I thank you for the suggestion Tmagic650, though it seems that I have fixed my problem. I updated my BIOS (got it from the Official Toshiba Website - Singapore since that is where mine was manufactured based from the part no. L745-PSK12L) and the problem went away. Haven't encountered it since I updated.

Hi ladycetra,
Can you post the link to the drivers. I tried getting it from the toshiba website, but its a pretty huge list of drivers
I am experiencing the same issue however mine is even a bigger problem. The battery drains quickly and I don t get notification. I have to reconnect several times to get the battery charging
Thanks
Nitin

Ah yes--- I forgot to update... I'm really sorry.
It seems that you also have the same problem as I have--- Well sort of...
Try updating your BIOS. I upgraded mine and it fixed the battery problem and nothing followed as of present. I updated mine last December 2012.

All is working fine without any problems. :) (y)

Hi! I am also having the same problems. I searched for the BIOS update from the website, but I couldn't see it... do you have the link for the it?

Please try to unplug the AC adaptor, wait for a second, and then plug it again. Try it again if the problem is still coming. In my case, it need only one or two times unplug and plug activities.

I have the same problem as ladycetra. then I downloaded update Bios wrote by azurite03. now say goodbye for "Plugged in, but not charging"

thank you all.

Sorry friends. just work for a moment. now its not working anymore.
still plugging, not charging. what happened?
or do you have a newer version of BIOS maybe?

Sorry friends. just work for a moment. now its not working anymore.
still plugging, not charging. what happened?
or do you have a newer version of BIOS maybe?
How old is the battery? As I said before, the battery itself can be the source of this problem

Back