Toshiba laptop crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba-Satellite-A205-S4577, it's about 8 months old.
It seemed really reliable until a few weeks ago I'm getting a dump every few days.
It is Vista Home Premium. I was hoping SP1 would help, but it seems the same before and after.

I attached a zip of 4. I have a few more if that would help

Attachments

• Minis.zip
    84.4 KB · Views: 13
Inside the 4 MiniDumps:
BugCheck CE, {8bdc002b, 0, 8bdc002b, 0}
Probably caused by : UVCFTR_S.SYS

BugCheck CE, {a86e502b, 0, a86e502b, 0}

BugCheck CE, {8d71a02b, 0, 8d71a02b, 0}

BugCheck CE, {a7b8402b, 0, a7b8402b, 0}

UVCFTR_S.SYS: webcam: Chicony USB 2.0 Camera

Please download your Camera software from here: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/util_camera_25757C.exe
Uninstall any old camera software presently installed, before loading the new one.

By the way, here's all your drivers:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...BV_EngineID=cccfadedkjggifkcgfkceghdgngdgnj.0

Thanks. And such fast service!

It's interesting that it would be giving me trouble suddenly. It is the built-in webcam.
I've never really used it, except to turn it on and try it months ago -- in fact I even suppressed running the camera application that comes pre-loaded to run at startup (I was being miserly with memory and that program was sucking up 25 megabytes!).

I did reload the software you suggested, it is the same version as was initially installed.
For now, especially since i don't use it, i have uninstalled the device in device manager. That should put an end to it!

Thanks again.

I'm happy with that :)

If you do decide to use your camera one day, be aware that you do not need it running all the other stuff (that comes with the driver)
ie Trying to update; picture viewers; editing tools; stacks of other things!

I use Startup Control Panel, and disable nearly everything from starting.
(This simple tool actually does not show everything that starts with Windows, but it's a good start)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back