TechSpot

Toshiba laptop dvd-ram driver

By 5happycampers
Feb 13, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG problem I need help with. My P15-S409 cd/dvd drive has always given me problems. Toshiba just replaced it. Worked fine for 2 weeks - now another prob.

My CD/DVD drive is showing up in Devices - but error code 39 -driver missing or corrupted. Toshiba has a 49 MB download for the driver (huh??) I downloaded and installed -still no joy. But then I read that winxp (my OS) has the driver the laptop needs in the first place...

Bottom line - what driver should I be using - and what else could be preventing driver from loading properly.
    Thanks
  2. knuckleball

knuckleball TS Rookie Posts: 88

i would think that if winxp autofinds the driver for it, it would work. then again, you could make sure the firmware is up to date on the drive.
  3. damos911

damos911 TS Rookie

YEs I agree

I have had a P20 laptop through work and the DVD drive has given me nothing but trouble from day one. I have tried all things I can think of and still have it not writing DVD ram, once a month it locks up and loses the driver and I have to ghost it again. Pain in the ***. I hope the newer models have better drives as I do like the performance of these laptops.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.