Toshiba laptop freezing on logo screen after chkdsk

Two days ago I was working on my laptop and I ran into a problem (forget what it was) and a pop up said I should run the chkdsc utility. I did as it said and after running it, it said I needed to restart the computer. When I restarted it, it just froze on the start-up screen (the Toshiba logo screen). My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5331 and Im running Windows Vista ( which I think sux).
At the bottom of the Toshiba logo screen it says hit f2 for set up or F12 for boot device selection menu but neither works. I hold the F2 as I power it on and it just says please wait and does nothing else. When I do the F12 it just says entering boot device selection menu and then nothing happens. I also tried removing the hard drive and it does the same thing, I tried removing the ram and replacing it. Tried holding the power button for 30 seconds and nothing seems to work. I would be eternally greatful if someone could help me. My laptop had alot of my 6 year old sons pics and my husband who is in the mid-east. I really hope they arent lost. Thank you in advance for any pointers you could give me or ideas of things to try.

Teagan

Take your harddrive and slave it into another system and access it via that system. Do the following:

1. Run antivirus, antispyware/malware programs.

2. Do a harddrive diagnostics. Seagate's Seatools will work with Toshiba harddrives. it is free and can be burned to a CD. Do the tests in this order: SMART, Short DST, and especially the Long DST.

Back