Toshiba Portege 7100 Series drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma dragon00

well, im fixing a Toshiba Portege 7100 series laptop for my friend at school. formatting the hard drive hoping that thatll fix a majority of the problem. ive looked online but cant seem to find the links to the drivers... if you need a service tag or something, let me know but i wont be able to get back to you on it until tomorrow because im doing 4 runs with DBAN. (i read that formatting with a zero fill program can sometimes fix bad sectors caused by magnetic inconsistencies).

but if you dont need the service tags, i would greatly appreciate if you could link to a page that lists all of the drivers, or something of that matter.

and one last question - how do you access the BIOS for this model laptop? i want to see a few settings in it, but so far all attempts to access it havent worked. delete doesnt do it, f2 brings you to the boot device selection screen, and im not sure what else to try. all it tells me on the mobo splash screen is to hit f2 to select a bot device.

well, thanks in advance for the help guys :)

~plasma

I think you are gonna have to look closely at the 7120 and if all the parts seem the same go with those drivers.

thanks for the help guys, but nevermind. it turns out that the hard drive is DESTROYED. not truly destroyed, but just mauled physically by some event. some of the keys on her keyboard feel very stiff, maybe she spilled a drink on her laptop and it got into the hard drive. if not that, then id have to go with thinking it fell off of a table or something.

ah well.

still thanks :)

~plasma

mods, feel free to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back