Toshiba Satellite A100 - 225 problem with Hibernate, Shut Down, Restart and Stand by

Status
Not open for further replies.

compfuture88

Hi,

I' ve recently had problems with my laptop. The probem is that it can't complete a simple automatic function wich is:

Trying to hibernate, standy by, shut down, or restart.

(I am using windows xp home edition)

For example say I want to shut down the computer I normally follow these steps: start menu > turn off computer > turn off.

Then evetually it gets to the screen with the blue backround that says: "Windows is shutting down...", and just stays there and doean's shut down so I have to press and hold the power button until it switches off. So, basically it doesn't complete the function.

The same thing occurs when attempting to Hibernate (stays on the screen saying "Prepearing to Hibernate", Stand by "Stanting by" something like that and on restart it goes to the "Windows is shutting down..." screen.

I don't know exactly why this is happening but I'm assuming some sort of windows problem or a harware problem. I tried to do System Restore but that didn't work because it goes to the same screen again as I mentioned above. I read somewhere that it might be something to do with my profile being to large but im not too sure about that. I asked my uncle about it and he said I should save everything I need and format my computer and then I would have install windows on it. Im thinking that there should some other solution
but I don't know.

Please help!

Thanks

Hello,

do you experience any problems working with applications after booting? Does your system perform too slow running normal appications in windows? What about when booting, does it take much time too?

No, I don't really have any problems when working with applications. When I boot up my computer it takes about 1 or 2 minutes which i think is normal.

The problem is when i want to shut down, restart, hibernate, stand by. As I mentioned in my first thread it just remains on that last screen (the final screen with the blue backround) and doeasn't shut down, restart, hibernate or stand by which it's supposed to do depending on what you've selected to do.

Any ideas or does anybody know how to solve this kind of problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back