TechSpot

Toshiba Satellite A105 won't boot

By wrg
Apr 19, 2009
  1. I was using my laptop and it hung up with IE7 running during Windows update. I had to do a power button forced shutdown. Now BIOS won't post, it won't boot either. The power light comes on, the hard drive light comes on for about 2 seconds then nothing but a black screen. I removed the memory, swapped them around, tried it with only one chip in, cleaned the memory chips and slots still nothing.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. wrg

wrg TS Rookie Topic Starter

You are a saint! It worked perfectly! Thank you so very much!

4. kimsland

Thanks for the update :grinthumb
    That thread has nearly hit 10,000 views, but because it's closed I don't know how many users it helps :(
    So feedback is always welcomed :)

5. wrg

wrg TS Rookie Topic Starter

Since it is so helpful, should it not be made a sticky?

6. kimsland

Hmm

It's already in the Guides and Tutorials forum
    But you know what? I've never thought of a sticky :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if our Admin here wants multiple stickies (as there are already some there)
    But I do agree that it should be

... Not sure what to do. ... I'll wait until it reaches 10,000 on the dot and then approach Admin here

Thanks for the suggestion :grinthumb
    If you had enough posts, I'd ask you to PM him and ask him, oh well, I'll wait :)

Edit:

I PMed the Administrator on this, after looking more closer at your suggestion
    We will wait and see the outcome :grinthumb

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.