Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 no power on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I need help with my toshiba satellite a215-s4747. There is no power when I press the power button when I plug in a AC adapter. no any light on or blinking.
I disassembled it, remove ram, modem, hot-sink, fan, cpu. I plug in a AC power adapter to the motherboard and use a voltage meter to measure it. It has 19.8v,
so will be the motherboard problem? Thank you for help!

power issue

Kimsland:
Thank you for you advice, but the battery is dead since it wasn't charged for long time. also no any signal or light on at all. Before the laptop was dead, the back side of this laptop is super hot, so I just concerned the motherboard was dead.
also I double check the DC jack, it still has 19.8v.

Do you have any way that I can troublshooting the motherboad or do I just need buy another motherboard replacement?

Thanks!

Other than BenchTesting the laptop, and possibly reseating all components/ cables/ connectors and CPU (as per the guide)

You could also try known working parts (Ram\ CPU)
But it does sound like the actual Motherboard has gone

Troubleshoot. Hmm You could view it to see any heat marks, or faulty capacitors (bulging up)

Motherboard Replacement. Hmm. Isn't that the whole laptop really?
Maybe ask a tech shop if you can get a second opinon first. Say diagnose for $50 only (That's the maximum I'd pay)

power problem gone

Hi, Kimsland:
Since I changed a new motherboard for my laptop, everything is work fine. Thank you for your tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back