TechSpot

Toshiba Satellite A215

By lalston
Apr 30, 2010
  1. I have had my laptop for a couple of years. It has worked great until a couple of days ago. I have been running wireless internet on it. I used it one day just fine. The next day when I logged on, my printers are gone, my internet connection is gone. When I try to pull up or search for an internet connection, it says it can't be found. My desk top is also wireless and that one works just fine. I have run virus scans and they have come up with nothing. Please help.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,067   +169

You don't say what operating system is installed...

3. superty12

superty12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 432

Check Router

Make sure your router is on, when I lose Internet conection, I look at the router. It is almost always an off router for me.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,067   +169

Routers should stay on all the time. They should never be plugged in to a switched AC outlet. You can keep an eye on the routers front panel activity lights just like the modem has, to tell if the router is active and on

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.