Toshiba satellite a45-s121 boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem with this laptop when i power it up it says password and i cant seem to get past this. i have done extensive research and found that i can either use a backdoor password or a loopback plug through the parrellal port and i have tried pulling the cmos battery and i have struck out any help getting past this would be helpful. I have an extensive knowledge of computer hardware but this has stumped thanks for any help

Sounds like the HDD is encrypted with password. To check to see take out the HDD and stick another HDD in their and see what happens. If you still get the prompt then the BIOS has a password lock. You need to go to a Toshiba site and look at the model for CMOS battery to be pull.

tipstir, in this laptop, you can't remove password by removing CMOS battery. the LPT-wraparound cable is simple to build.

lamo said:
tipstir, in this laptop, you can't remove password by removing CMOS battery. the LPT-wraparound cable is simple to build.

Okay... Was that your post on another thread here about some circuits boards image. Do you have image of the LPT cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back