Toshiba Satellite l350d

hi there, I have a toshiba satellite l350d, amd chipset, 2gb ram,athlon x2, running windows 7.
The computer switches on for about 15 secs then clicks off completely, will switch back on as soon as I press the button but just repeats. I have already reseated the processor, replaced the thermal tape on both cpu and gpu to no success. Have checked all connections. I would appreciate any ideas plz.

Hi , It is now switching off after 5 secs with only minimal components connected as well, Help please, at my wits end with it.What I dont understand is that I had it running for 1 full day after replacing the dc jack, upgraded to windows 7 from vista and also replaced the touchpad ribbon as this was damaged. switched it off for the night and awoke to this??????

PS. I have tested the power switch, fan is ok

Correction : 1ST switch on lasts 15 secs and attempts boot
switch back on lasts for 5 secs if it try again it goes off but wait a short time and its back to 15secs

hi there, no post beeps but post seems ok everything on screen as usual, tried different mem and processor to no avail

It might be worth trying to start from a boot disk (UBCD, Hiren's, or any Linux live boot disk), in case your HDD is playing games?

Have you tried a hard reset. If not give that a try. Remove the power cord . The hold the power switch for about thirty seconds. Then replace the power cord and try booting.

Back