TechSpot

Toshiba Satellite L455D S5976 RAM

By ghost_xero
Jul 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. im looking to increase the ram on my laptop but when I looked to see the sticks I see only one....and I ws told by various places (bestbuy, fryes and toshiba themselves that I have 2)

im looking in the bay above the battery with the little chip symbol near it....is this correct?

2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

3. ghost_xero

ghost_xero TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

yes it looks like that and I am unsure...all I remember was that I was told that I have either 1 2gb card or 2 1gb cards they werent sure...but they said the max was 8 and that woud be 2 4gb cards......im just at a loss as too how many I can have in the laptop...1 card or 2...

4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,850   +184

You can install up to 8gigs . Just go to the toshiba website. It will scan your computer system and tell you what you need. So will www.crucial. com . My neighbor has the same laptop and just upgrade his to 8 gigs (two 4 gig memory modules) Hope this helps you out.

5. ghost_xero

ghost_xero TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

thanks a bunch guys funny u mentioned that site...I youtubed a vid and a guy mentioned that crucial site I went there and did the scan, turns out my laptop doues have the 2 slots I didnt know they were slant stacked on top of each other the thing is mine only has one stick which is 2 gb...so I can save some money and just buy another 2 gb stick of ram.....I also learned while yes I can do the 8 gbs I would also have to swap OS to 64 bit version to actually use all 8 GB.....im learning tons...this is awesome...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.