Toshiba Satellite Laptop ethernet port not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4211 whose on-board Ethernet port was connected to the Netgear wireless router. Yesterday, due to heavy thunderstorms/lightening, my netgear routers power adapter stopped working. Laptop was shutdown and the power was not connected either. Still, the on-board ethernet port disappeared from the device manager and I couldn't get it working at all.
I did a complete reinstall from the cd which came with laptop and no luck either. Wireless works but my wireless router power adapter dead. My internet modem has only ethernet and my laptop ethernet port is dead....
any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Toshiba Satellite A105-S4211. I work at M80 and we are teaming up with Toshiba to help spread the word about a sponsored site called Laptop Experts. If your problem is still not resolved you might consider checking out laptopexperts.federatedmedia.net where you can ask tech experts, like Joel Johnson of Boing Boing, about any problem for any brand of computer. I hope this helps!

-CaroonM80

You can buy an external PCMCIA card ethernet port to plug into that socket on the side of your computer. It is $10 plus shipping at Computer Geeks. More at others.
This usually works when the main port has been struck by electrical damage.
But also check your socket. Clean those little copper wires with an electrical cleaner, available at such places as Wal-Mart and automotive shops. Just use a q-tip, then clean thoroughly with alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back