Toshiba satellite m40 huge issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, everyone, ive been looking for similar problems but found none, maybe you guys can help.

i have a toshiba satellite m40 and it has no hard drive. even if it doesnt have a hard drive it should be able to boot and tell me so. my problem is:

1st. the laptop screen works sometimes. meaning the laptop turns on but the screen is off....but other times it turns on fine. now, when the screen doesnt turn on, i found that hitting it makes the screen appear and im not happy about hitting my laptop, im just trying to get it to work.

2nd. when the screen does work, the laptop gets stuck at the motherboard logo screen and does not move from there.....unless..... you hit it.

whats wrong with the dumb thing? anybody help?

oh and like the thing is, it does function, the screen does turn on and the motherboard logo screen does change but u have to really hit it a few times..... other wise it freezes or the screen wont turn on.... ive ran linux off of a live cd on it so i know for a fact im right.

It is time to have the laptop serviced by a qualified technician, or to buy a new laptop. If you are familiar with removing memory or hard drive, you can try reseating them. The video cable from the LCD panel to the motherboard may be pinched or loose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back