Toshiba Satellite M45 Battery or Battery Charger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new at this stuff and I seek help from all those who can give it. Ok so my first charger stopped working and I bought a new charger. The charger worked great for a few months after purchase. Until one day the charger stopped charging on and off. I unplugged it a few times and then it stopped working. I let the battery die after. I am guessing that it stopped working because i may have screwed up the charger socket by tripping on the cord thus pulling on it im not really sure anymore. The laptop is in a bad condition, it's four years old i think but it can still run. The battery is the same not change. HELP ME for I am an *****

You probably broke the internal AC adapter socket. It can be repaired, but you will have to take it in for service

if it is not charging, then your battery is old. a 4 year old battery is ancient. I've had a real good run with mine, 5-years but it's life is short. (it was never big to start with). If you can run with AC power, then your DC converter is not bad. If it is flakey, replace the ac/dc charger-converter.

i think its most likely the battery. when i use my charger the laptop does not recognize that my charger is charging i.e. the light that says its charging. it could be the battery for sure

before i buy a new battery can anyone explain why my battery charger is beeping the charger was a replacement for my old one. i want to cover all my bases to see if its just this one item i need to purchase on ebay.

AC adapters shouldn't make any niose at all. The replacement may just be defective or it may be firing into a shorted connectot or motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back