Toshiba Satellite M45-S351, DVD ROM driver missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxman

Hi Tech folks!
I have problem with my DVD ROM not being able to run after I had clean my compt. It was showing in the device manager with the yellow exclamation mark stating that dvd driver is missing or corrupted. I had reinstalled the driver for the DVD from Toshiba website and it is still not working. Any idea what I should do? I am trying to get to the BIOS but not sure how to get it. is it F12?

Anyone who had this same problem....plesae assist!!!

I tried installing all the different DVD rom drivers and the chipset drivers but none is working. Any idea how to get to the BIOS?

deluxman, you can clear this thing only after replacing DVD-writer. at least, try to boot from DVD-ROM. turn laptop off, press Esc button, and turn on laptop while holding esc. you'll be promted to press f1 for bios setup.

Hey, guess what? I was able to fix it. This is some tips for people out there who had the same problem.

1) Close all open programs

2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter

3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
* SYSTEM
* CurrentControlSet
* Control
* Class
* {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

* UpperFilters
* LowerFilters
* UpperFilters.bak
* LowerFilters.bak

5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete

6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor

7) Reboot your computer

8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

Hope this will resolve all your frustration. I really almost wanted to hammer my laptop when it kept showing the error after dowloading and installing all the different DVD drivers but the above steps definitely works. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back