Toshiba satellite mem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha50

OK This might be a really dumb question and all of you are gonna laugh but here goes. this is a a80 series laptop. My question is does this laptop ave only one memory slot, cause i took off the panel to test the memory and all I see is one slot. It does not seem logical that they would place the other slot in a different location. Or am i totally wrong, and the other slot is just somewhere else. The reason i ask is because if i dont have to take apart the case, good. i usuall break things like this.

thanks for the speedy reply. the reason i was wondering was i opened another satellite and bothe slots were right on top of each other. and yes i mean on top of each other. damn!!! i have followed the forums done my research yet i still cant find out this problem. do you know of another way for me to get a setup cd to boot (xp). Yes i have switched the boot order and put the cd rom first i even did the one time boot with f12 any ideas CCT. your help is greatly appreciated

One slot will be under the keyboard, which will require you to dismantle the laptop from the top.

The one time boot option should work fine, assuming you have a legit cd and not a bung copy.

well it is a copy i made and i have made numerous but i have used the same one after i got fed up with tinkerin with the toshiba i put it in my desktop and it loaded right away and installed very clean. so i know it is not the cd. and the problem i am having is with the display. I know it is drive r related and i did uninstall the device as instructed by other post here. then i rebooted and after the splash screen IT DOES LOAD WINDOWS AND I GET THE LOGON TONE AS WELL.

Toshiba memory sticks are overlapping. You remove the top stick to access the bottom stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back