TechSpot

Toshiba satellite p300-23l upgrades

By Natty70
Dec 5, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all,
    I'm new here so please be gentle, now what it is I've dragged an old toshiba satellite p300-23l out from storage after years. It has 2 x 2 gb ram cards and 1 x 320 gb had, model no: pspc8e-03e007en...It has 2 x compartments for the hdd's but only one installed. First why has it got 2 x hdd compartments and after looking on line I can buy 2 x 1tb hdd and 2 x 4gb ram cards which will obviously double the original spec... First will the mother board handle this and will I have any problems when I install these and re-boot the software? I want two separate hdd 's so 1 for programs etc and the second for downloads etc. Is there anything else I may need to upgrade or need to know as I love this laptop and the loudness of the speakers etc and want to upgrade it than buy another, all help will be most appreciated and again please be gentle . Nation.

2. Natty70

Natty70 TS Rookie Topic Starter

As an update I did check online and the motherboard will handle the 8gb ram as long as I reinstall a 64bit os which I am installing windows 7 ultimate.... Just need to know if I will get any issues or if there is anything else I really need to change to make this fly.....

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

I'd say make sure Toshiba has Windows 7 compatible drivers available for this old laptop otherwise everything might not work properly.