TechSpot

Toshiba satellite pro A60- PSA65E doesn't detect a hard disk

By mood
Apr 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi to all,
    There is a Toshiba Satellite pro A60-PSA65E, when i boot it up, it doesn't boot from HDD, i changed the boot sequence starting from HDD, nothing helps, when i go to the BIOS, it is not there(it is not detected). I tried to replace with another HDD, still the HDD is not detected, i tried to set default values in the BIOS, still no changes at all.
    Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?
    Thanks in Advance
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,059   +84 Staff Member

Reseat the HDD and if you still can't see it in the BIOS, it may very well be dead.

If it is seen in the BIOS, and, you just can't boot off it your OS might be corrupt. Run a repair installation if possible.
  3. lamo

lamo TS Rookie Posts: 570

mood, change the HDD. if still it can't be recognized, this is southbridge failure(typical problem for this series of toshiba laptops)
  4. Matthew

...Is everything the result of a defective southbridge?

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

reseat the hard drive. use a pencil erase and LIGHTLY buff the contacts.
  6. lamo

Zenosincks, yes everything. if you don't understand something, please welcome in thread "Low-level working of laptops".
  7. Matthew

Lol, no thanks I'll spare myself of your propaganda. The only thing I can't understand is how people take you seriously.
  8. lamo

well, you can believe me or not. but all things i say are from my practice and successful repairings.
  9. Matthew

:) Fair enough. Lets leave it at that then.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.