Toshiba Tecra 8100 Bios Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hey , guys. I recently did a BIOS update on a Toshiba Tecra 8100 Laptop running Windows 2000. After the update, while the system appeared to be working normally, the screen won't show up. I tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor, but nothing happened. Is there anything I can do?

Did you press [Fn] then one of the functions keys [F8] or the one with the picture or words that say CRT/LCD. I own the Tecra 8000 this is the only way it's going to switch screens from the LCD Panel to CRT. Also how did you update the BIOS through DOS right? If you lost the LCD Panel or when you reboot the Laptops and don't see the words Toshiba or is it just blank screen. Does any of th lights light up for power, HD and battery?

I did the BIOS update within Windows 2000 (I don't have an external FDD) with all of the necessary Toshiba Extensions installed. After the update, the lights for power and battery do come up, but the HDD has no activity and the DVD light flashes for only a moment. The laptop gives no monitor response (screen is blank, and connecting external monitor gives the same response) except when I press F12 before turning it on to show the BIOS update screen. I plugged up an external keyboard before turning it on, and the status lights on the keyboard flashed. Does this mean that there isn't a BIOS failure?

There is a little clear plastic sticking out on the top right side just below the right hinge. Try pressing that. It works for me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back