Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satelite Pro 120 reset BIOS problem

By locoryan
Jul 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So i have been trying to get this Toshiba Tecra A8/ Satellite Pro 120 to boot but when I push power it goes directly to a screen that says "Password = " and after a few attempts it says Not Certified Shutting down system.

I opened the laptop up to see if i could find any jumpers to clear CMOS and i found two solder plates and the words RESET above them. I shorted the two plates while pushing power and the boot started but then held up. I released the short and the computer began to boot but then went to the normal password screen but this time it said "ALERT: System protection failure! Password = "

I am assuming that maybe i cleared the BIOS password but when it starts to boot and sees there is a password on the hard drive it gets confused and sends the error saying the system protection has been tampered with. However when i boot without a hard drive it does the same thing.

Does anybody have any suggestions or previous experience with this message. A google search only showed three sites in Spanish with that phrase so i guess its not too common. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,550   +18

The only password help available on Techspot is to be found in this thread... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612.html
    Other threads / requests are normally deleted within a short time. Do not be surprised when this one is deleted.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.