Toshiba Tecra S1 no post but beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 PT831C=13EZL

Yesterday I was doing some CAD work on the sofa and my lap top froze (mouse and keyboard not operational) so I put it aside thinking this would be temporary.
shortly after I noticed that there were horizontal lines flickering across the screen (from the right side to 1/4 the way across only on the right side) I thought strange, so I held the power button down for 5 sec's to power down and reboot when I rebooted the laptop screen was black no post or anything so I powered it down again and left it plugged in for the night. The next morning I power up it went through the post and I could log in but soon as desk top came up it froze. So I powered it down again and remembered the volume was off so turned the volume up and got some beep codes first 2 short 1 long and followed by 3 short and it repeats until I power off

So my first question is what are the beep codes?
and what would some things to check to sort out this problem
or is it worth it.

Cheers

I have the very same laptop. Those beep codes are BIOS beep codes and they are directing you to what the issue/problem is. I can't remember at this point what BIOS this laptop is using but I'll try to do a search.

Here is tutoral compiled by our very own Tedster here at Techspot that should help. https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

Hopefully someone like raybay can come by and give you better advice but off the top of my head it sounds like either your video or your monitor is the issue but I'm completely guessing here.

Thanks

Am going to try some exploratory surgery might be a temperature related issue check for dust build up etc.

Thanks

Am going to try some exploratory surgery might be a temperature related issue check for dust build up etc.

Let us know what you find. There is online an excellent manual replete with photos on how to tear this down to do repair but I can't remember what the link is. If I can find it I'll post again. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back