TechSpot

Total PC uptime

By beedu
Sep 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Does anyone know if there's a way to check a overall PC up time from the very beginning ( purchase) ?:)

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,302   +238

Do you mean how long its been up & running or ? Otherwise, right click the taskbar,left click Start Task Manager & click the Performance Tab & it'll show you how long since you (re)booted up.
    Of course you can also use the TS search feature top right corner in here.

3. beedu

beedu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 48

I mean how long its been up & running but not in a single session but from the very moment it was purchased . I would call it a " total usage time counter" (in hours ) :)

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,302   +238

Ok, somebody else will have to answer that. An interesting question thou. :)

5. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,273   +152

You can type "systeminfo" in to a command prompt and it will give the date the operating system was installed. You can probably work out an average from this.

As far as I know there is no total uptime counter built in to windows, But there is a third party app called winaudit here : http://pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm

Install it and choose the "uptime statistics" option on the left of the screen.

This will however only report from your last install of windows. A fresh install will always reset your counters.

beedu likes this.
  6. beedu

beedu TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 48

I thought it might be one ;)

Thank you fimbles. I'll check this one.

edit: It's exactly what I've been looking for. What a shame it cannot count a TOTAL(since the very first run) up time ,but still, I am much obliged.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.