Total System Shutdown (no BSOD, no minidumps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gday all, this is the first time ive posted here but ive been here before to find answers to few problems every now and then, but ive recently been hit ( as in this past saturday) with a problem that has me completely and utterly baffled.

What happens is that any time i launch a game that goes into full screen mode, my computer will shutdown. It will not Blue Screen, It will Restart, It will just turn off straight away as if the power cable had been pulled out or there was black out etc.

When i manually start the machine back up, there will be no mini dump or windows msg saying that its recoved from a serious error.

Yet that is not half of it. I can in turn play games while in windowed Mode, yet the moment i tell the it to go fullscreen, bam shutdown right as it goes to switch to full screen.

I am not hearing anything to say that fans have died and i can feel air being circulated around the graphics cards, processor and PSU.

My machine will be 2years old in september but the parts would of been out for a month or 2 before i placed the order.
the mother board is an Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD64 ATHLON 6400 Dual Core
2x ATI2900 HD GFX Cards
2gig of 800mhz DDR2 Corsir Ram

All drivers etc are as up to date as possible ( even though some of the latest drivers are from 2007 ><) And im running winXPpro 32bit with all windows updates

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back