TechSpot

Touch-Enabled Windows 8 Laptops: What's Out There?

By Julio Franco
Nov 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,930   +569

I'd be happy to get one from the bottom of a cereal box. Wouldn't go beyond that in spending though... it's just that kind of useful as a PC.

2. Just got the Toshiba 925T for my wife and she loves it. I am looking to return mu Microsoft Surface, pay a little more and get a Ultra-book convertible for myself. Any suggestions?

3. Waiting will reward. I held out for months until the Nexus 10 for my GF and so glad I did, it's better than I had hoped. For myself, I want a detachable keyboard and real windows, convertibles are nice, but I give a lot of client presentations and walking in with a small binder and light laptop is so much more elegant than lugging in a laptop and looking for a place to setup etc, besides that, it's really about work and play, when you want to work, you want a keyboard, afterwards I don't want to lug around the weight...Physical keyboards, no "sort of" keyboards.

4. Why is there no story about the random reboots of Windows Phone 8 here on techspot?

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

@Guest #2

Buy any of the above but Lenovo Yoga. Somehow, Lenovo has been able to find ways to waste 60GB out 128 GB just on OS (and related data).

Personally I like the HP Spectre XT, but I will buy only if they offer it with a 'discrete' GPU.

6. angusdegraosta

angusdegraosta TS Rookie

Samsung Series 5 Ultra Touch looks good to me.

7. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,311   +238

A good friend of mine just told me today he bought a W8 tower & so I will be checking it out next month I think.
    Looking forward to checking it out.(y)

8. Pulagatha

Pulagatha TS Rookie

Samsung Series 5? Meh? I don't think it's that great. I do NOT like the MacBooks either.

9. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

I'm in the market for a workstation-like laptop with a touchscreen, win8, DDR 1600 and decent graphics. Maybe dual HDD bays if possible. Price is no object, what should I get?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.