Tower beeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm totally new to this site, as in I just registered moments ago. I'm not entirely certain if this is the right forum for this, if it's not, please feel free to direct me to the correct forum for it.

I am currently on my boyfriend's computer, which is right beside mine. About an hour ago my tower started beeping continuously. I had no idea why and just figured I should shut it down to be safe, as I was on my way to the store at the time. When I returned from the store, my computer would not boot back up. It gets to the windows screen, but never goes past there. Also, the tower no longer beeps, and hasn't since I tried rebooting it earlier.

I googled for some answers, and discovered that there is such a thing as beep codes. Which would be great, and probably help me solve the problem, or at least know what the hell the problem is....if I had known about them sooner and was bright enough to count the beeps. So now I am totally at a loss, does anyone know what I could do to try and figure out what is wrong with it?

If all else fails, I'll have to take it to a tech I guess, which I really don't want to do. :(

Any feedback would be nice, thanks.

If it beeped, then it is almost certainly a hardware thing. This could be due to loose memory (this happened to me before), a loose PCI/AGP card, or a more serious hardware (motherboard) failure. I'd make sure your connections are nice and tight. Also watch if the fans are working.

And to be extra sure something didn't come lose, I would take out and re-seat everything just to be sure. You might want to get a can of compressed air and blow out your case and PSU also.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back