Train Signal A+ Certiciation Worth It

TheJediSlayer

I'm looking for anyone who's ever used or had a friend who's ever used Train Signal's CompTIA A+ certification material. The reason I ask is because I have a copy of their A+ certification material, but I am not sure rather or not the source can be trusted to be entirely accurate of what they're saying. As a friend of mine, who happens to be more computer smart, said they were wrong in one area when the material I was viewing discussed laptops.

I am working on getting my A+ Certification, but I don't want to be misinformed about subjects, so finding out rather or not Train Signal is a reliable source to study from is something I'm not quite sure of yet. This is why I would like to know if anyone has ever had a friend who has used it or them themselves.

Tyler

To be honest, I've read through two CompTIA A+ books for the hell of it (one eBook, the other I purchased) - both were nearly identical in information. However, the information didn't compare *at all* to a book dedicated to a specific PC subject. They were basically comprised of condensed info on isolated topics that had the highest probability of being on the test. Rightfully so, too. They're just meant to cram info for the A+ and not much else.

So, if you want to cram for an A+ - I would suggest you just choose a book/course with decent reviews on Amazon (and assuming your book isn't an utter failure, it is fine). That said, if you actually have an interest in having a deeper understanding of system architecture, and how things really work - get some subject-specific books. The physical A+ book I have is about 800 pages in length. Those 800 pages are spread across all the relevant computing topics. By comparison, one of the PC hardware books I have is larger in height and is about 1600 pages long, which doesn't even cover the last 4 years of technology.

If you're terribly concerned about your material, ask your buddy to highlight the incorrect info and study that elsewhere if need be (plenty of info online).

Hell, you didn't have to go through all the trouble of finding the books and even giving me links to them on Amazon.com. Very nice of you, bro. Thank you very much and I'm definitely going to check these books out. = )

Again thank you very much for your time,

Tyler

ive got the mike meyers total seminars comptia a+ book. its good but its hefty, also got loads of information thats not on the exam (he says so himself) so its hard to know which bits are the essential exam passing bits to revise. i realise its good to know more about the subject but its a killer revising unnecesary bits.......

long story short is train signal 1, a reputable company (no scammer) and 2, if anyones used it, are the videos good?

cheers

Back