Transfer 2003 student edition to laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how to transfer my 2003 Student Edition software to my laptop and does this Edition support Vista?

I currently have the 2003 Studen Edition on 2 pc's but want to take it off one and put it on a laptop?

Thanks for your help...

If you have the install cds then go for it. I believe the student license is good for 3 PCs anyway. If you don't have the install cd you are out of luck, you can't just move the programs from 1 PC to another.

2003 Student Edition transfer

I am sorry.......I had a typo on my last post....I have posted this on 3 PC's but want to move one license to a laptop.....other pc no longer works....I tried to download it but it is for a trial period only....it tells me i have used it on 3 pc's and can't use it on any others....

Activation Expired

I Think You Have Activated Your Licensed Product Earlier To Microsoft From Three Different Computers And It All Registered In Their System. By Doing So, Microsoft Will No Longer Accept Another Installation To A New Computer.

Or You Might Have Shared Your Software To Another Party Thereby Registering Another Computer Using Your License, As This Case Is Usually True.

Ive Had Several Experiences With These Things Especially Antivirus Programs And Microsoft Products As Well.

Try To Install A New Program For Your Laptop, I Think Microsoft 2007 products Is Suitable For Vista Os.

Do Hope This Helps.

There should be a phone number to contact Microsoft then. The conversation should go something like:
You: It says I've got this installed on 3 computers already.
Them: Do you?
You: No
Them: Ok, here is what to do.

If it doesn't go that way, then you'll have to explain to them one of the computers you uninstalled it on or the computer died or something. I had to do this with a version of Windows, and all they seemed to care about is whether or not I had it on more than 1 computer. I said I didn't, they gave me the activation code, I'm sure a similar thing exists for Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back