TechSpot

Transfer games to second hard drive

By tekone2001
Aug 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I have a asus gaming computer with 4 hard drives on it, one of which is the main C drive has only 10gb left, the rest are almost completely empty. I am looking for a way that I can move the games I play, mainly COH, AION and WoW, from my C drive to one of my 3 alternate drives. I read somewhere that cut/paste would not work for programs only for files such as music/pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,691   +337

I think you might be best off just cloning your small drive to one of the larger ones, then using the larger as your main/boot drive. You are right that you can't just copy programs over.

So what I'd do is use something like Easeus Disk Copy to clone your C drive over. I forget exactly what happens and what Easeus program it is, but you might end up with still having a C drive with little space left. But in that case you just need to expand your C partition to take up the rest of the drive. Win 7 will do this in Disk Management, I'm not sure if XP can (forget). If you are on XP, you can still expand the partition with something like Gparted.

3. tekone2001

tekone2001 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Extending Partitions

I attempted to extend the size of my hard drives but it would not allow me to extend the partition of my C drive. I did notice that my D and C hardrives are actually the same harddrive just partitioned. What is the reason that I cannot extend my (OS) C drive?

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,691   +337

Probably have to shrink the D partition first.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.