TechSpot

Transfer pictures to a folder from PowerPoint

By redneckbcer
May 12, 2008
  1. Is there a way I can save the pictures in a powerpoint presentation to a folder so I can use them as jpeg images. Any help on this would be much apprieciated. Thanks

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,348   +622

hum; sorry but if you created the presentation, then you would have the contents,
    so this looks like copyright infringement to me. Just keep the presentation and enjoy :)

3. redneckbcer

redneckbcer TS Rookie Topic Starter

These are family pictures. I created a powerpoint presentation 4 years ago & put it on a disc.I downloaded the powerpoint cd, so I can use the pictures elsewhere. I also put my jpeg images on a disc 4 years ago but cannot open this cd on my computer. I was just hoping I could reuse my pictures. Thanks

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

Open up the Powerpoint presentation, right click on the photos -> Save As Picture...

Doesn't seem too complicated to me. What is the problem?

5. redneckbcer

redneckbcer TS Rookie Topic Starter

Every time I right clicked on a photo it would come up with, Copy Here, Move Here, & Cancel. I knew it should have the other options but would not display it. After I read SNG1275 I tried it again finally was able to get to that dropdown box with Save As Picture. Sometimes the lights just don't come on & you go braindead on simple things when you are tired & frustrated. But thanks for your help.

6. SNGX1275

Another, more indirect option would have been to hit alt+print screen then opened up something like Irfanview and pasted it in, then cropped the image.

7. jobeard

however, that would have created 72 or 96 dpi images while the originals would have
    been at 100x that quality :)

8. SNGX1275

If you are looking at them in a powerpoint presentation they are already resized to tiny, so there would be no/little quality loss.

9. jobeard

screen size is not the same as resolution and those 4-5mb pixel cameras are designed so as to allow large photo blowups for 8x12 or 12x16 prints for wall hanging.

trying that with a 72 or 96 dpi image and it will be just as crummy as a pixelated bmp.

10. SNGX1275

Right, but if the dudes are wanting to save the pictures that are in a powerpoint presentation they likely aren't printing them. Its really pointless to argue anyway since I gave the correct answer in my first reply to the thread. I just presented an alternative that works across the board for any app (even video if overlays are off). Perhaps I shouldn't have made that suggestion.

11. jobeard

we agree -- my comment was only to point out that it may be important to preserve
    the picture resolution for future printing :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.