Transfering data problem help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightingbird

Another odd problem.

When transferring data to a external harddrive I'm having a problem. I'm using a HP external harddrive hooking it up to one of my newer laptops. It is 2.0 usb compliant. When I try to transfer, say 2gigs of data it takes forever. When I try it with a seagate external harddrive and another machine with around 8gigs of data it takes maybe an hour.

Can anyone enlighten me on what could be causing this problem and how to fix it?

Data transfers are never fast, particularly if the files are large, you have a lot of images elsewhere on the drive, or if you have less than 20% free space..

Another odd problem.

When transferring data to a external harddrive I'm having a problem. I'm using a HP external harddrive hooking it up to one of my newer laptops. It is 2.0 usb compliant. When I try to transfer, say 2gigs of data it takes forever. When I try it with a seagate external harddrive and another machine with around 8gigs of data it takes maybe an hour.

Can anyone enlighten me on what could be causing this problem and how to fix it?

The external drives are 2.0 compliant you say?

How about the two computers? AND note the usb cable must also be 2.0 compliant (be sure to try same cable when testing)

To check the computers
=> Start->Run, enter devmgmt.msc
=> Expand USB Controllers to look at device
=> You;ll see a few USB controller devices listed. One of those controllers must include the word Enhanced if that computer supports USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back