Transferring Quicken files

JudJer

I purchased a new computer running windows 8. My computer does not have a disk slot. My Quicken Rental Property Manager 2011 disk needs to be copied to a flash drive then installed on my new computer. Can someone please give me step by step instructions in doing this. I can copy the Q on my laptop. Thanks.

As I recall, the quicken files are located (badly I would comment) in the Program Files area. This is what causes so much grief with Quicken :(

<snip>My computer does not have a disk slot. My Quicken Rental Property Manager 2011 disk needs to be copied to a flash drive then installed on my new computer. <snip>
Do I understand you correctly? Are you saying you have the installation CD?

1. Insert the CD on a computer with a CD drive. If the installation program starts to run, click Close or Exit so exit the installation
  2. Click My Computer. Look for the CD drive (it'll probably display Quicken Rental Property. Right click and select Explore.
  3. You should now see all the files on the installation CD. Just Select All and then Copy/Paste all the files onto a flash drive
  4. Insert the flash drive to the new computer. If you now Explore the flash drive, the first set of files you see should include one with an EXE extension. Double click to run it and it should do the install on the new computer

Back