TravelMate 4150 booting on wrong screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a Acer TravelMate 4150. When I tried to re-install Windows a couple of days ago I realised that I could not see the boot screen (Windows xp - loading screen). I could not enter the bios to set the boot seqeunce because the screen stays blank untill it enters Windows. I then connected my external monitor and noticed that the laptop boots on that monitor and as soon as it enters Windows, the laptops screen switches on. I have since re-installed Windows but still have the same problem.

I have check all the settings and no external monitors are enabled. My monitors are in the right order, when I "Identified" them my laptop screen would be nr1 and external 2.

Please help

Download and install the Acer's video driver from the Acer support site, and see if this fixes the trouble

Still same problem

Download and install the Acer's video driver from the Acer support site, and see if this fixes the trouble

Thanx, I have tried that and still got same problem.

Any more suggestions? Please guys, I have even tried Acer's Customer support and must say, they have the worst Customer support I have ever come across. They can't seem to help me.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back