TRIM for IBM SSD messing up Kingston SSD 2nd drive?

By Row1
Apr 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi - I have just gotten this computer put together with an Intel x25-m 80 GB ssd as boot primary drive, and a Kingston SSD 75 GB or something like that as 2nd drive, for programs.

Everything was working fine. Then, I had to go mess it up. I downloaded the IBM SSD toolbox. I browsed the interweb for a little, then went to sleep. This morn, I went to see if everything was cool. The computer locked up on a webpage. Task manager would not come up. So, I unplugged and re-plugged. THe comp booted, but the disc check for the Kingston went really slow - hung up at "17%," then flashed through a list of sectors that apparently were bad.

Could this be due to TRIM? Are there any secrets I should know about getting two SSDs to run in the same system? This is a gigabyte MB with an AMD AM3 605e quad CPU, with Win 7 Home Deluxe 64bit, and 4GB RAM. And, this survived "BurnInTest," and some other initial stuff. THX!
  2. Row1

Row1 TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 349   +8

OK, thanks.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.