TechSpot

Triple boot Windows: XP, Vista, and 7?

By ryan29121
Jan 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Currently I have a dual boot of windows xp and vista x64 on a 320gb drive. I also have a 1TB secondary drive for backing up things, so if possible I would prefer to install windows 7 on my larger secondary as my primary one is pretty filled up. I downloaded windows 7 beta and I want to give it a try but I don't want to get rid of either xp or vista. How would I go about installing windows 7 in a triple boot. Also would I be able to get all three to show up in the same boot menu? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. gguerra

gguerra TS Enthusiast Posts: 559

Depending how far along in the development process windows 7 is that should automatically be handled by windows setup. When asked what folder to install in just specify a folder on your secondary drive. Again this all depends on setup itself. I know you can define your dual/multi boot by modifying boot.ini but that is a whole other story.

3. DaMak420

DaMak420 TS Rookie Posts: 227

When I was installing windows 7 it asked me which partition to install to. Partion 0 (C: ) or Partition 1 (F: )

F: is my secondary 1 TB drive, and i chose that. It installed no problem, and works great. I dont know for sure if it will show all three in the boot menu, but I dont see why it wouldnt.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.