Trojan.Agent.blc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habylab

This spyware keeps persisting in my frequent AVG anti-spyware results,and i have tried quarantining it, and deleting it, but neither work. Google shows nothing, even the avg website doesn't help! does anyone know how to get rid of it permanently?I have tried AVG Vcleaner, but that didn't help, and i have avast but yet to try it's virus cleaner, is it any good?
Cheers

did a scan with ad-aware and came up as:
Win32.Trojan.Agent, with the highest tai rating

Hey habylab... Umm, you have to post your logs (the AVG, Combofix and Hijackthigs) so that the virus experts here can check if the virus is truly gone from your system....

Spyder_1386 :)

Here's my smitfraud log, all ok?
do you need any more logs, because i am willing to do so.

Habylab please follow the instructions as posted by Daveskater. Doing this is of the utmost importance. The programs that the steps ask u to download and follow are powerful malware/spyware removal kits. I can almost certainly guarantee that if u follow those steps, you'll be virus free in no time ...

Spyder_1386 :)

combo fix has a virus in it, when i ran the scan, avast popped up.may want to check it

please post your logs from avg antispyware and hijack this so i can take a look through them. if you can get ad-aware to save a log post that as well (i'm not familiar with the 2007 version :))

sorry, i wasn't online yesterday when you posted your logs and only just got on now :)

the avg as log says "Marked for delete on reboot" so do another scan and see if it's gone :)

Your HJT log is clean, You should do what Dave said and run another scan, if "C:\WINDOWS\system32:msnsrve.exe -> Trojan.Agent.blc" is detected again, just qauratine it and it'll be safe

that's the thing though, it keeps appearing, and when i search for it, it doesn't exist?!?!

right i just did another scan and it's still there. PLEASE HELP.
I've tried everything, apart from combofix, which has a virus in it.

if you've gone through the preliminary instructions and done everything else we can think of then it might be time to consider formatting. i never tell people to format because i see it as the thing to do if all else fails but you might need to format and reinstall windows.

if you can set avg antispyware to quarantine it then it'll be ok otherwise i have no other suggestions

i know but the file doesn't exist?
also when i quarantine it, it comes up in the next test

i hate to say this but it sounds like you'll have to format :(

we can wait and see if anybody else has any suggestions but if you quarantine it then it shows up again then it sounds pretty determined to stay ;)

just to make sure, when it shows up again is it saying that it's in quarantine? i had a program (can't remember which one it was) that would show me the things that are in the quarantine after doing a scan

if it shows up as in the quarantine folder then you can just ignore it ;)

bugger... i mentioned earlier about the ad-aware name for it, does that help, and is anyone going to check the other logs?
thanks Daveskater

ad-aware might be finding something different, have you removed that one?

it has a similar name so it may be the same file, try removing it and see what happens :)

Habylab said:
combo fix has a virus in it, when i ran the scan, avast popped up.may want to check it

Some antivirus programmes flag Combofix as a virus. Please Note: Combofix is not a virus and is a tool designed to get rid of some malware infections.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back