Trojan "Avenger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RX_Queen

I try to keep my computer as safe as possible, and thought I had done well to avoid infections so far, so I was a little miffed when a recent Adaware scan alerted me to the fact that I seem to have picked up a Trojan infection. Although Adaware appears to have removed it (or so it sais) I am aware that these things can come back. It doesn't appear to have done much, and I wouldn't have noticed its presence at all if I hadn't had run Adaware (as none of my other scans picked it up).

As someone who knows relatively little about computers, I am not sure how I would find out if the infection is still present? Or is it safe to presume Adaware has really removed it?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Looks clean and you have a lot of good security on there. I would run a scan only and have Hijackthis fix these entries:

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Thank you for your time and help! :)

I think Adaware did it's job then. Scanned again last night and no sign of any beasts lurking on my machine.

Thanks again, it's appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back