Trojan horse and system tray

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my first post on here, and I hope to be a part of this for a while, not just for this question.

Anyway, 3 days ago, I ended up getting 4-5 trojan horse on my computer. After getting rid of them, I otice that I didn't have my system tray icons and task manager. After some scearching, I found out how to fix my task manager problem, thanks to a thread I found on here. But I still don't have my system tray. The only thing that pops up is my clock. I've tried seeing if the trojan changed the setting of the programs so they don't show up on my tray, but that not the case.

Also it seemed to have slowed down my computer a ton. Use to be somewhat fast, now its just really slow. I tried looking everywhere for what to do for this and the tray, but I can't seem to find anything.

Any help would be apperciated as I'm really starting to get fed up with this...

The infections are gone. I checked with 2 diffrent anti-virus/spyware. besides the system tray going missing, the task manager went missing too, but I fixed that problem with the help of a thread on this site.

The Anit-vrius/anti- spyware I used were AVG and Spybot

Ok. Try this about the missing systen tray -

Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, Process Tab, end all explorer.exe and iexplore.exe processes.

Type regedit in File - Run

Delete these three keys.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamsMRU

Back in Task Manager choose Shutdown menu - Reboot.

Before you do it, I´ll suggest you create a restorepoint:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322756

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back