Trojan horse - removed? JS:FakeAV-BW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have followed the 8 steps and am still not sure if this is removed.
Can anyone help me? I have attached the log files.

Thanks

Carolyn

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.6 KB · Views: 6
Looks like your Toshiba laptop is clean. Do you still have 2 antivirus programs installed? If so, deside which one you want, and uninstall the other

Welcome to TechSpot, Carolyn. I'll be glad to help with the malware.

You have malware in the HijackThis log:
O16 - DPF: {549F957E-2F89-11D6-8CFE-00C04F52B225} (CMV5 Class) - http://coupons.smartsource.com/download/cscmv5X.cab

This is for Adware.Conducent_TimeSink

I recommend that you remove it for the following reasons:
Adware or advertising-supported software is any software package which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertisements to a computer after the software is installed on it or while the application is being used. Some types of adware are also spyware and can be classified as privacy-invasive software.

You are fine on the antivirus program. It appears that the member didn't realize that Alwil Software makes Avast.

Other than the one adware, the system looks good.

EDIT: It wpuld be a good idea to run an online AV scan. The Avast log appears to be fukk of errors and I don't know that it is running correctly:
Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back