Trojans and popups all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruzynski

my virus checker keeps finding all kinds of trojans and my laptop has trouble rebooting and i constantly get all kinds of popups...and i thought you were only supposed to get stomach bugs while in mexico.

Here is my hijackthis log. can someone help me please.

I would start by running superanti spyware killer (free ed) then spybot then malwarebytes (free ed) and when you have run all these if you still have a problem combofix. Run them in the order posted. I have a pc repair company and do this 6 times a day never fails. If you have problems running them try spybot in safemode.It's always a good idea to have AVG FREE installed too. run it after you run everything else.

i am in the process of running the suggested 8 steps. malwarebytes is currently running and has been for 36 minutes...will follow rest of 8 steps and then post logs. Sorry jumping gun on post. And thank you for your reply...i'll be back

okj ran all three each untill nothing showed up...is that it done? Are we ready for my desktop now?

what the deal with ur desktop? try desktopcleanup all one word free and resets ur explore desktop etc... did Combofix not fix ur desktop?

no i refering to my home computer--which was the real reason that i started looking on this site. I seems to have the Bratsk trojan on that computer and it is currently going through the same cleaning process as this (a work laptop that i took down to Mexico--silly me). This computer seems to be fine and the last few scans I've done with all three programs and my virus checker are all clean.

I will likely open a new thread for my other computer. It seems like what that computer has is a bit tougher to get rid of. Last night I ran MBAM in safe mode and cleaned up a bunch of stuff and then ran in normal (which took more than 5 hrs) and it was clean. Is now running SAS and we shall see what that does.

Thanks for your help.

I read the thread & I infer that things are running smoothly. The initial MBAM log posted here presented a type of infection handled by MBAM. If you had gones as far as running combofix, you may consider submitting it. Many times it is used to get rid of all traces of infections. I am not one who reads 'combofix'.

In general, around this forum it is preferred to use a new thread for the home computer, as this is a separate issue.

For this problem, here is a general clean up routine courtesy of Blind Dragon.

Ignore the personal instuctions above the line (========). Actually, this link is being used without BD's permission.

There was one oddity in the posted HJT log. It listed the following process:
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\EO9332.EXE

If this is unusual to you, re-run HJT. If this was part of the infection, then its detection is buried in one of the logs. Sorry to alarm you, but I try to cover all oddities.

Thank you for your response. The laptop has now gone back to work. It seems to work fine and all susequent scans etc were clear. I will try the suggested link and then open a new post for my home computer.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back