Trouble Burning DVD+r for Norton Ghost Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed Norton System Works 2005 Premier and cannot get Ghost 9.0 to Backup to DVD+R. When making an image of Drive c It will burn to first disc (4.7 gig single layer +R) but will not burn to second blank media when installed in drive. It just sets there. I even left it in that state overnite to see if some sort of buffering was taking place. No dice. Ghost was was still active but had not recognized 2nd blank media to continue the burn. This was not a problem with Ghost 2003 or System Works 2004 Professional.

Any Suggestions. Thanks

try turning off all running software including TSR's Anti virus etc.
I actually shutdown unnecessary services in Task Manager.
Have you burned successfully with that brand of Media?

Thanks for responding.

Under 2003 Ghost, I didnt have to stop any filtering. Yes I have been burning on DVD+R for two years. It just wont see the 2nd disc when copying. The first Disc has a partial image, but it needs to complette the copying for the entire image to be finished.

You have upgraded to 2005 now and as usual when you change one thing it can affect others.DVD burning is more senitive to extraneous events on the system .
If you are having no trouble with your authoring software,and you have no Anti virus or screen savers etc running, than you will have to go to Symantic to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back