Trouble connecting. Invalid IP address

Hey,

I recently removed some malware from my computer (winxp sp3) but it seems to have left something corrupted. I can no longer connect with wlan, it will hang on 'waiting for the network to be ready' this is becuase I have an invalid IP address. Reseting the winsock does not solve it. Windows diagnostics says the winsock is corrupted but after reseting.. nothing. Also windows firewall will no longer start the ics service. I attach part of the windows diagnostics log, could anyone help me with making sense of it?

Pete

Attachments

• windiag.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
Check that the device settings for the network interface have not been set to a fixed IP address - go to control panel > network connections > select your device > right click > properties > double click on internet protocol (TCP/IP) and set the two obtain IP and DNS values automatically.
Reboot to reset the system

I agree with LookinAround. It appears your computer is still infected. Resetting the internet settings is no problem but, if you are still infected it will be in vain.

I reinstalled both LAN and wireless drivers, but still shows invalid ip. I will take your advice and visit the malware forum.

Cheers

You still have the ultimate sanction - format the drive and reinstall windows. It does a system good to do this every couple of years anyway so all you are doing is anticipating it!

Back