TechSpot

Trouble disassembling Noctua NF-P14 FLX

By Jinto
Apr 22, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone. Recently I purchased the Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm fan. It's a great fan with many positive reviews. However, the coloring is not my taste (beige casing/brown blades). So, I want to disassemble it so I can paint it (red blades/black casing). Now I looked around online and found a guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUxiSMnGSQ for disassembling the 120mm Noctua NF-P12 which I figured would be similar for my fan but it doesn't quite seem so. I am having extreme difficulty when it comes to removing the fan blade itself. Unlike in this video where the fan blade releases rather easily, my NF-P14 just won't budge. It comes to the point where I'm nudging it so hard that I feel like I'm going to snap it off.

Does anyone have any experience with this fan? Some tips maybe?

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

This is going to sound obvious, but did you remove the split ring?

3. Jinto

Jinto TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 49

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "split ring"? As far as I know there is nothing to remove except for the magnetic pallet behind the sticker which I have already done.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.