Trouble getting rid of the TDSSSERV.SYS Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/BHello all, Hope everyone had a safe & Merry Christmas!
I'm still trying to rid my computer from this nasty TDSSSERV Attack that I seemed to have gotten more then 5 days ago. I have tried everything that has been suggested, but nothing has worked. My first problem that seems to be misunderstood is......The only way I can use my computer is while it's loaded in safe mode. So every fix that I have tried, Can't be run in safe mode, only after computer has been re-booted. Well after I reboot....As soon as I attempt to do anything, The Blue screen comes up and before I can even read whats in the firsdt sentence.....The computer goes into a restart. And If I go in safe mode, well I can then do some things like I'm here now but I'm in safe mode. Is there anything that I can do to get free from this awfull problem?
Thanks
Bogenbaum (Steve)
Please, Someone throw me a help line!

Please try this from safe mode if necessary.

Download combofix.exe to your desktop. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "1" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Thanks for the reply, but it don't work either.....I'm in safe mode and on any site that is something to do with helping fix things it it returns am page saying Cannot reach webpage and you must not be connected to the internet... Its really starting to get to me! This has been the worst thing I've delt with since buying a computer 7 years ago and 3 computers ago. Whoever come up with it needs to be Horsewhiped......ARRRggggg!!!

Steve, dude, this is the worst freaking infection I've ever got and getting rid of it is a real pain in the ****. It took me almost 8 hours to finally get this crap off the H/D. I had to use my other 'puter, so I wasn't redirected by the server they hijacked. All my virus and malware sites were blocked by them. Steve first thing.- Disable TDSSserv trojan driver. Here's how. Right click the My computer icon. If you are using the non classic Start menu, then right click My computer icon on your Start button menu. >Click Properties > Click Hardware Tab >Click Device Manager. >In the top menu, click View and click Show Hidden Drivers>Scroll down to non Plug and Play drivers.>Click + at left.>In the list of drivers right click TDSSserv.sys.>Click Disable.> Click YES for confirm.>Close all windows and reboot your computer. Have someone from another computer email you malwarebytes. Open and run it. You may need to rename all the .exe files in malwarebytes to .bat or .com because when I tried to run it, the trojan won't allow it to run. I tried, in vain to do everything in safe mode. That damn trojan won't give up. Laptop- IBM Thinkpad T-23 XP pro, Desktop Dell Vista home premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back